Saturday, February 15, 2014

Exclusive Interview With Femi Brainard

Happy weekend everyone, sure you all enjoyed the Valentine !
Our celebrity for this weekend is Nollywood actor, Femi Brainard.





 Basic informations about youself ?

Femi Brainard. 45yr. Married. Graduate of creative arts, Unilag

Who / what inspired you to become an actor ?

Been acting since 97. Ayo adesanya brought me in. Uncle Tunji Bamishigbin and Rallph Nwadike gave me my first break. First film was contractors 1and 2. First soap was Everyday people. Had no inspiration really. I just found it interesting and I allowed myself be lured into it. Initially I wanted to be a farmer.

 What was growing up like ?

Growing up for me was a loooooootta fun. Back in the old surulere on Bode Thomas. That was when bus rides were 5kobo for kids and if u stood, u wouldn't pay
When a tin of peak milk was 15kobo, a 3 bedroom N950, and N6 to $1. When u could walk the streets at anytime freely and sleep with both eyes closed...it was fun !

Challenges of being a crossover actor?

Had no real challenges of being a crossover actor. The job is acting. Languages may differ. The only funny experience I had was when I got on some Yoruba film sets and my colleagues thought I had come to take what was theirs. they begin dey front for me. But soon found out I meant no harm
On a scale of 1-10, rate the Nigerian movie industry

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say 5

 What was it like working with Hollywood star, Isaiah Washington?

Wow Isaiah Washington. Hmmmm. He is a library. Learnt a lot from him. He's always willing to help and I was privileged


 Why do you think some aspiring actors end giving up on their dreams? 

Some aspiring actors give up on their dreams because the movie world is not enabling. Government, however  is really not helping the entertainment in Nigeria. Yes, they handed out a lifeline or two. But when you compare other countries to ours, we just dey scratch the surface. I really praise our actors, directors and producers. E no easy
Who are your mentors in the industry ?

 Olu Jacobs and Joke Silver
You are married, how do you cope with female admirers ?

I don't meddle my married life with the outside world. I get a lot of complements from the opposite sex and I'm eternally grateful. But I don't let it get into my head
What is your favorite inspirational quote (s) that you live by?

My quote. Never Let Go of your Dreams. 
When you help others, think nothing of it. Don't go looking for return favours

What advice would you give to those who want to become actors?

Advice - never let any height you attain in life get into your head. Bikos na God give you


2 comments:

  1. I love this Guy, lyn-nur , Thanks for bringing this great guys we expect to see more...mua

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job lyn-nur.

    ReplyDelete